Dance is an art form that takes time and dedication to develop. The School of DanceWest Ballet offers professional instruction, high standards, and a program that allows students to gradually progress according to the level of their individual skills and technique. It is important that each student develops pride, discipline and self-confidence while having fun and facing challenges. We recognize that students are impressionable, therefore, we strive to make each class positive and constructive.
Our goal is for each child to improve in coordination and movement while learning how to listen and participate in class. We want them to have fun while gaining confidence in themselves and their abilities. Once the students reach a certain level of maturity and knowledge, they graduate to the next level and can eventually move into the Professional Programme. The students can then begin intensive study to train like a professional dancer. They will have the opportunity to become a DanceWest Ballet Company member, study with professional dancers, and learn to truly enjoy and respect the art of dance.
Children’s Programme Class Descriptions
Ballet I Beginning
Children’s Programme Class Schedule
Professional Programme Class Descriptions
Ballet I Continuing
Ballet II Beginning/Continuing
Beginning Pointe, Pointe I, I-II, II, III
Variations I, II
Character I, II, III
Modern/Contemporary I/II, II/IV, IV
Professional Programme Class Schedule
DanceWest Ballet Company presents The Nutcracker each Christmas season at Pfeiffer Hall on the campus of North Central College in Naperville. The production features guest artists who have danced with companies including American Ballet Theatre and Joffrey Ballet of Chicago. All students, ages three through adult, are invited to audition for the annual performances.
Nutcracker audition times 2016
The annual school performance is intended to be viewed as a presentation of the culmination of the year’s learning and progress. The concert is held at the end of June and features all students. The experience, from costumes to dress rehearsals, allows the students to learn about the excitement and responsiblity of performance.
DWB Company and Performance Group
DanceWest Ballet performs pieces from its repertoire in a variety of venues. Stuents age 10 or older who are interested in performance opportunities are encouraged to audition for DanceWest Ballet and/or DanceWest Performance Group. Auditions are held in September for the upcoming year. Dancers arriving after the September audition date may audition by appointment.
The School of DanceWest ballet takes pride in the positive learning environment with professional standards. Thank you for helping maintain high standards by adhering to the following policies:
- Ballet students: Hair worn in a bun with a bun cover. Skirts may be worn only on parent observation days.
- Jazz/Ballet students: Approved warm-ups only.
- All students using the changing room are responsible for keeping the area clean. Please do not leave food or beverages in the changing room overnight.
- No brassieres showing
- No fake hair pieces
- No jewelry
- Girls: Leotard of any style or color, pink ballet slippers and pink tights
- Boys: Dark loose-fitting pants and light-colored shirt, black ballet slippers
- Black tap shoes
- Dance bag
For your convenience, girls’ apparel packages that contain all the items needed for class are available at the front desk.
- Ballet- Female: Black leotards, pink tights, pink shoes, hair in a bun, no jewelry, no skirts, approved warm-ups only
- Ballet- Male: White T-shirt, black tights, dance belt, black ballet shoes
- Jazz: a solid colored leotard, stirrup/footless tights, jazz shoes
- Hip Hop: clothes allowing a full range of movement, jazz/hip hop shoes
- Tap: clothes allowing a full range of movement (no jeans), Oxford style tap shoes (no split-sole)
Early Enrollment Discount
Deduct $10 per class if paid in full by early enrollment deadline.
Professional Programme Multiple Class Rates
We offer special rates for multiple class enrollment. Please call or email the school for more information.